Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd takes the confidentiality of your personal data very seriously and we are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected.
This Privacy Notice sets out ways in which Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd process and protects personal data. Any personal data collected and/or received is used in accordance with UK data protection legislation and will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
In respect of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the data controller is Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd. You can contact the data controller by writing to Suite A, Hinksey Court, West Way, Botley, Oxford OX2 9JU or by sending an email to email@example.com
Information we collect and you provide to Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd
We gather data from:-
- the telephone – we do not record phone calls
- application forms
- postal communications
- our website
- visits to the office
- visits to you
- third parties, including Property Management Agents, Service Providers
We may collect personal data, such as:
- your name
- contact information, including email addresses, phone numbers, work & home addresses with postcodes
- employers details
- bank details
- online identities such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and cookies
- your online browser version and operating system
- website pages accessed and information requested, along with the date and time of request
What we do with and how we use the information we collect/receive
Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd use information held about you for the following purposes:
- internal record keeping
- accounting records
- to improve our products and services
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Portfolio Properties. For example, to send you information and to respond to your enquires, questions and requests
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so
- to improve our website and to present it in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to measure, understand the effectiveness of advertising and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations that may interest you
- for industry analysis, marketing and other business purposes
- to track your browsing behaviour
Disclosure of your information
Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd may share your information with the following third parties:-
- credit reference agencies – for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd entering into a contract with you
- utility companies
- local council offices
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- property management agents
- other service providers
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and service relevant adverts to you and others. Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to Portfolio Properties’ advertisers, but Portfolio Properties may provide them with aggregate information about Portfolio Properties users (for example, Portfolio Properties may inform them that 250 women aged over 25 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). Portfolio Properties may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target
- in the event that Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer
- if Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreement Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd have with you and/or any other agreements, or to protect Portfolio Properties rights, property, safety, or the rights of Portfolio Properties customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd do not sell, rent or trade information collected through the website with third parties for their promotional purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and if you submit any information to us over the internet, including emails, you do so entirely at your own risk. Once Portfolio Properties have received your information, we will use our strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If we receive information about you from a third party in error and/or we do not have a legal basis for processing that information, we will delete your information.
All of your information is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA) country of England. Other than to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject, we do not intend to transfer your information outside the EEA or to an international organisation, In the unlikely event that we are required to transfer your information outside the EEA for such a purpose, we will ensure appropriate safeguards and protections are in place.
This section explains what cookies are, how Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd use them and how you can exercise your choices about them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, laptop or device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
We use ‘traffic log@ cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us,
Your choices about cookies
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, however this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal data
- request the correction of your personal data
- request the deletion of your personal data
- request a restriction on the processing of your personal data
- object to the processing of your personal data
- request a transfer of your personal data (data portability)
You can make a request in relation to any of the above rights by writing to Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd at the contact address given at the end of this Privacy Notice. Portfolio Properties shall deal with any written request received from you in accordance with the provisions of the Act or the GDPR, as applicable
Lodging a Complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to Portfolio Properties collection or use of your personal data with the applicable data protection authority.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd processing your personal data, at any time in writing to Portfolio Properties at the contact address given at the end of the Privacy Notice.
Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd will hold your personal data on Portfolio Properties systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity for which it was provided or collected, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you have with Portfolio Properties.
Links to other websites and applications
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites of interest which are not owned or controlled by Portfolio Properties. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd may make to this Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where changes are material we shall notify you by email and obtain your consent where required by applicable law. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
Portfolio Properties’ intention is to meet the highest standards when collecting & using personal data. For this reason, Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd take any complaints they receive very seriously. Portfolio Properties encourage people to notify them if they think that their collection or use of their personal data in unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
Portfolio Properties (Oxford) Ltd are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be sent to the address set out below.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice please contact us using the details below.