The asking rent does not include charges that may be payable before and/or during the duration of the tenancy, therefore you may be required to make one or more of the following permitted payments:
- A holding deposit (up to 1 week's rent)
- A tenancy deposit of 5 weeks' rent
- A payment of up to £50 inc VAT to alter the tenancy agreement, when requested by a tenant, or reasonable costs incurred if higher
- Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy when requested by the tenant
- Payments associated with the loss of keys or any security devices
- Payments to service providers in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax
- Other payments, permitted under appropriate legislation, including damages.
Portfolio Properties is a member of The Property Ombudsman Limited, which is a redress scheme and Safeagent (previously NALS Client Money Protection).